Portsmouth Regional Hospital is dedicated to serving the people and communities of the Seacoast region and Northern New England with advanced and sophisticated medical care and services that meet your needs. We're in your neighborhood, we care about your health and we take an active role in supporting the communities we serve.
Our commitment to healthy communities includes:
- Blood drives, education programs, food drives and wellness events
- Annual health fairs
- Classes and support groups for specific health needs
- Community outreach partnerships
- Charity care that provides free medical care and financial assistance to thousands in our area each year
Learn more about Portsmouth's charity care and financial discount policy.
Investing in Our Communities
In addition to delivering the highest quality of healthcare to our patients, Portsmouth enriches our region economically and strives to provide a safety net for those who have nowhere else to turn for care. We work hand-in-hand with many nonprofit organizations to offer expanded health-related services to our local communities.
We make ongoing investments that create an impact throughout the region, including:
- Employing more than 1,000 physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians and other staff–with an annual payroll of more than $77 million, one of the largest in the region
- Nearly $20 million in annual uncompensated care
- More than $375,000 in financial contributions, employee volunteer hours and in-kind services to organizations such as Families First Health & Support Center, SeaCare Health Services, prescription assistance programs, United Way agencies and local and national cultural, human services and health-related programs and organizations
- Nearly $10 million annually in local and state taxes and state Medicaid taxes
- Capital investment spending in the millions
- Total economic impact of more than $82 million
Supporting Local Organizations
We welcome the opportunity to partner with organizations in our local communities to promote health and wellness. Our hospital, joint venture partner practices, staff and volunteers can provide onsite health education, free health screenings, counseling, event speakers, blood drives and more. Contact us for information about how we can work together on health initiatives.
Some of our ongoing projects and services include:
- Consult-A-Nurse® physician referral and health information toll-free hotline at 888.421.1080
- Community Wellness Lecture Series (formerly Women's Lecture Series), the oldest and longest-running community lecture series in the area; all lectures are free and open to the public
- Surgical weight loss information sessions, free and open to the public
- Rehab Community Programs at 155 Borthwick Avenue in Portsmouth; check our calendar of events for details
- Annual Seacoast Wellness Fair showcasing health services and programs for people of all ages
- Emergency preparedness training for area governments, schools and civic organizations
- Community health and wellness resources, including the comprehensive, updated Seacoast Health Resource Guide
- Foundation for Seacoast Health, the charitable foundation created when HCA, Inc., purchased the original Portsmouth Hospital in 1985, and which established the Community Campus in Portsmouth, home to 10 nonprofit organizations that address local health issues
Classes & Events
Check our calendar of events to find classes, support groups, screening clinics or community events that meet your needs.
More Portsmouth Hospital Resources
Whenever you're a patient at Portsmouth, your overall recuperation, return to daily activities and outlook on life can benefit from our services for pain management, behavioral health and integrative care.