Welcome to Portsmouth Regional Hospital
You’ve chosen to live in or visit a wonderful and vibrant community, with extraordinary cultural, professional, recreational and service resources.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital offers a full spectrum of services to meet your healthcare needs and enhance your vitality at every age and stage of life.
This page of our Web site will link you to pages of particular interest to newcomers.
Finding a Doctor
Choosing a healthcare provider for each member of your family is one of the most important and personal decisions you can make. Our community of primary care physicians and specialists offers a wealth of choices and coverage throughout the Seacoast, from Hampton to Kittery and beyond. These doctors are part of a comprehensive network of specialists in every field - from allergists to cardiac surgeons - who are ready to share their expertise and provide you and your family with the finest care possible.
Please visit the Doctors section of this Web site for profiles of our medical staff. If you’d like personal assistance in finding a physician, please call our Physician Referral Line: 1-888-421-1080.
Choosing Portsmouth Regional Hospital
Quality: Since our beginnings in 1884, Portsmouth Hospital has delivered quality care to the Seacoast community. Today, Portsmouth Regional Hospital ranks among the top hospitals nationwide. Please visit the Hospital Information section of this Web site to learn about our mission and values, awards and accreditations, and history of service to the Seacoast Community.
Breadth of Services: Behind each doctor affiliated with Portsmouth Regional Hospital, is an array of programs and services.
- Our 24-hour Emergency Center, providing more trauma care than any other Seacoast hospital, as well as a separate, minimal-wait Fast Track service for less critical illnesses and injuries
- The Heart & Lung Center, bringing world-class cardiac surgery to the Seacoast
- Advanced Surgical Care, including neurosurgery, orthopedics, laparoscopic surgery, bariatric weight-loss surgery, minimally invasive varicose vein surgery, and in-house IVF for fertility treatment
- Leading edge Diagnostics and Technology, including digital mammography with computer-aided detection checker, stereotactic breast biopsy, sentinel node biopsy, and access to MRI and PET Imaging
- Our family-focused Maternity Care, helping babies throughout the Seacoast get off to a healthy, happy start
- The Women's Care Lecture Series, exploring topics of concern for women making healthcare decisions for themselves and their families
- Our Behavioral Health Services, offering care for people in crisis or in need of mental health services and support
- A full range of programs dealing with Cancer Care, including Clinical Trials, Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center, Diabetes and more
- H2U (formerly Senior Friends), providing a variety of entertainment and health services to adults age 50 or "better" - including travel, dances and supper clubs
- Integrative Medicine, including yoga, Reiki, and Tai Chi, that enhance well-being