January 07, 2010
A Construction Milestone: Third floor of the Shoals Building Opens
Portsmouth Regional Hospital's $64-million expansion has reached a significant milestone with the opening of the beautiful new Shoals Building third floor unit. Inpatients of the IMCU (Intermediate Care Unit) have been relocated from their 2nd floor home (in the hospital's main tower) to the Shoals Building third floor. The current IMCU will then undergo major renovations.
Please be aware that:
- Current patients were moved on the morning of December 1st.
- All visitors to the Shoals Building third floor are required to use the Shoals Building elevator (NO visitors should go through patient care areas to access the Shoals Building)
- Additional wheelchairs are available for those individuals needing assistance
- Maps are available to guide visitors from the Main Desk, with special signage in place
- The nurse's station phone (603-433-4035) and fax numbers remain the same
- All new patient rooms in the new wing have been labeled with the telephone numbers on the white board in each room. Patients in the new rooms will use the phone numbers assigned to those rooms. For instance, if a patient's phone number is x5380, the direct dial number from outside the hospital into the patient room is 603-957-5380.
Simultaneously, construction on the first floor of the Medical Office Building will also alter internal hospital traffic patterns. All patients/visitors of the Medical Office Building need to enter the building through the hospital's Main Entrance. Physicians/employees/volunteers and visitors to Portsmouth Regional Hospital will no longer be able to gain entrance through the Medical Office Building Main entrance.