Portsmouth Regional Hospital October 19, 2012
Due to the recent fungal meningitis outbreak linked to steroid injections produced by the New England Compounding Center (NECC) we need you to know the following facts:
- The products used on our patients are not part of the recall.
- None of our hospitals, outpatient and imaging centers or owned physician practices have used the medications linked to this outbreak.
- Fungal meningitis is not contagious. You should not be afraid of going to your doctor or to the emergency room for any reason. You should feel completely safe and not in fear of being at risk of catching meningitis.
- The FDA has an excellent Frequently Asked Questions website on the national meningitis outbreak: http://www.cdc.gov/hai/outbreaks/faq-meningitis-outbreak-patients.html
- Further details are available at the CDC’s website: www.cdc.gov/hai/outbreaks/meningitis.html
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services website: http://www.dhhs.state.nh.us/dphs/cdcs/fungal-meningitis.htm
- The good health and well-being of those we serve is always our foremost concern.