Save The Date: October 1, 2011!
You don't have to work out like you are in training for a marathon or follow a rigid, Spartan diet to live a healthier lifestyle. There are many things you can do that are reasonable, easily attainable and enjoyable like simply going for a half hour walk every day to achieve important health benefits.
That's the idea behind the FREE day long to "Seacoast Wellness Fair- Your Journey to Healthy Living" to be held at the Community Campus on Saturday, October 1, 2011, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Co-sponsored by Portsmouth Regional Hospital, The Foundation for Seacoast Health and Foundation affiliated agencies concerned with community well-being; the fair is designed to appeal to residents of all ages and interests. Wellness Fair activities include:
- FREE screenings
- Internet safety
- Zumba-the basics
- Senior exercise
- Car seat safety check
- Senior car safety
- Programs on healthy cooking and eating, including cooking demonstrations and valuable information on how to read food labels to make healthier choices
- Presentations on fad diets; overall weight loss; the sandwich generation; stress management; breakfast in a blender; oral health; and more.
- Hip Hop, Tap and Ballroom dancing for any age
- Jump rope demonstrations
- Rock wall climbing
- Story walk
- Raffle prizes
- Gifts from Earthtec and MBT (while supplies last)
- Special Guest-Dwight Davis
The Community Campus is located on 100 Campus Drive in Portsmouth. Just off of West Road.