Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and the water over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cook until a thin syrup forms, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the plums and continue to cook, stirring often, until the plums soften, another 4-5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla.
- Remove from heat, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- In shallow baking dish, combine the eggs and milk and beat them lightly. Add the bread in a single layer, soaking the first side 1-2 minutes, then turning and soaking the other side.
- In large frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat until it foams.
- Add the bread and cook until golden, 3-4 minutes. Turn with a spatula and cook the other side until golden, another 3-4 minutes.
- Put one piece of the bread on each of the 4 plates. Over each, spoon some of the warm plums and their sauce and sprinkle with a little confectioner's sugar. Serve immediately.