At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, you benefit from our comprehensive and compassionate approach to cancer care that focuses on achieving optimal results and delivering satisfaction. We invest in the latest and best treatment options, and we provide the same high-quality care and advanced technology you expect at every outstanding hospital.
Customized, Comprehensive Cancer Care
Our skilled healthcare professionals include nurse navigators and medical specialists from a multitude of disciplines who collaborate to bring you exceptional care close to home. They respond quickly to your first call and guide you through the entire process from diagnosis to survivorship. In addition, you enjoy the customized, personalized, patient-centered care—a hallmark of our hospital—that leads to excellent outcomes.
The comprehensive array of cancer services and treatments available to you through Portsmouth Regional Hospital includes:
- Breast cancer care and breast reconstruction
- Diagnostic tests and imaging
- Chemotherapy, biotherapy and infusion
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) for determining the levels (stages) of lung cancer
- Access to radiation therapy, with recommendations for specialty treatments and close monitoring by our experienced cancer team members
- Cancer surgery, including minimally invasive options for quicker recovery
- The Seacoast region's only photodynamic therapy (PDT) service–a minimally invasive, laser-based treatment for esophageal cancer and Barrett's esophagus
- Interventional radiology for targeted tumor treatments that spare surrounding healthy tissue
- Nutrition counseling
- Recovery and support services, including support groups, cancer counseling and education programs, spiritual guidance and more
- Lymphedema therapy
Learn more about cancers we treat at Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Explore the Cancer Center in our online Health Library.
Rehabilitation & Recovery
Support your recovery and regain function during and after cancer treatment by taking advantage of the extensive outpatient rehabilitation services available to you through Portsmouth Regional Hospital. Your overall recuperation, return to daily activities and outlook on life can also benefit from our services for palliative care, pain management, behavioral health and integrative care.