Portsmouth Regional Hospital’s orthopedic program offers advanced surgical and non-surgical care for hand, foot and ankle problems. Our individualized comprehensive care and treatment plans are designed to achieve the best possible results for every patient. After surgery, you can count on our rehabilitation team to get you back to your favorite activities in no time.
Hands are so important in how we interact with the world, from typing on a keyboard to enjoying your favorite hobby. Injuries or diseases that impact your ability to use your hands can be debilitating to your daily life. Our hand specialists and physical therapists treat a variety of conditions including carpal tunnel syndrome, osteoarthritis, trigger finger and tennis elbow. Whether you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis or a simple wrist sprain, you can trust that Portsmouth Regional Hospital provides the best hand care on the Seacoast.
While some foot and ankle injuries or disorders may be treated with conservative therapies such as orthotics, rest, and physical therapy, surgery is sometimes required.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, patients can expect top-level care from our podiatrists and podiatric surgeons for a spectrum of ailments, including:
- Arthritis – arthroscopic interventions, fusions, and ankle replacements
- Deformities – reconstruction of conditions such as flat foot or high arch
- Forefoot woes – surgical repair of bunions, hammertoes, and neuromas
- Sports injuries – arthroscopic surgery, ligamentous reconstruction, and internal fixation
- Trauma – surgical intervention for crush injuries, severe fractures or lacerations
Visit our online Health Library for more information about Hand, Foot & Ankle care.