- Integrative Care Services
- All Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Bone & Joint Care
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Emergency Care
- Health & Wellness
- Heart Care
- Hospitalist Care
- Integrative Care
- Intensive Care Unit
- Maternity & Pregnancy Care
- Occupational Health
- Other Services
- Primary Care
- Respiratory Care
- Surgical Services
- Vascular Services
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Women's Services
- Wound Care Center & Hyperbaric Medicine
Integrative Care Services
Integrative Care Services
Many of our services are available while you are a patient in the hospital. All of our services are provided by highly qualified practitioners with master’s certification or a state license.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture was developed from Chinese medicine to treat a variety of symptoms and disease states. It can be useful as a complementary treatment to traditional “Western” medicine (medicalacupuncture.org). For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Beacon Internal Medicine at (603) 433-8434 or Seacoast Area Physiatry at (603) 431-5529.
- Biofeedback: Biofeedback teaches you to improve your health by controlling involuntary bodily processes such as heart rate, blood pressure, muscle tension, respiratory rate and skin temperature. These techniques can help lower blood pressure and decrease pain and spasms. If you are interested please talk to your physician regarding referral. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call: (603) 334-2097.
- Healing Circle: Our monthly Healing Circle was established in 2001 to teach gentle healing techniques and breath relaxation exercises. Practitioners from the hospital and the community volunteer their services the second Thursday of every month from 6:00 – 7:00 PM at 155 Borthwick Ave., 3rd floor West (rear entrance).
- Massage: Massage can help you relax, reduce muscular tension or soreness, and increase circulation. We offer a variety of massage techniques. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call: (603)433-4015.
- The Nutrition Connection: The Nutrition Connection offers a variety of education and information services including nutritional analysis of your diet, classes for cardiac rehab patients, children and their families, and weight management. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call: (603) 433-4822.
- Transforming Surgery Program: We provide free training in mind-body guided imagery techniques to give you ways to cope with fears and stress prior to surgery and feel more peaceful. This will enhance your comfort level and sense of control as you approach your surgery. For more information call: (603)433-4084.
- Reflexology: Reflexology is the application of pressure, stretching and movement to the feet to affect corresponding parts of the body. The session provides a deep feeling of relaxation and comfort. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call: (603) 433-4015.
- Reiki: Reiki is a non-invasive healing method thought to restore and balance the energy in your body. A majority of people experience deep relaxation after a Reiki session. Many report a sense of warmth, calmness, and peacefulness. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call: (603) 433-4015.
- Relaxation Hotline: This service, available 24 hours a day, provides the listener with a choice of a short breath relaxation exercise or relaxing tranquil music. This relaxation line provides a wonderful opportunity to find your quiet space in the business of everyday life. To reach the Relaxation Hot Line call (603) 433-5151.
- Spiritual Care: To bring spiritual resources to bear in the journey towards healing, we offer empathetic listening, spiritual counseling, meditation, ritual, and faith practice to our patients and families. To access our Spiritual Care Service, call: (603) 433-5244.
- Yoga, meditation and exercise community classes: These mind- body modalities, which are proven to reduce stress and support the immune system, are available in our spacious, new exercise studio at 155 Borthwick Ave., 3rd floor West(rear entrance). For full schedule of classes and events, click here >>
Related Health Content
September 1, 2012
September 1, 2012
Loving Touch: The Benefits of Infant Massage
January 1, 2013
July 1, 2012
Fibromyalgia is a common chronic condition whose main symptoms are specific tender points on various parts of the body, widespread musculoskeletal discomfort, morning stiffness, fatigue, and disturbed sleep. The cause of the condition is unknown, but it occurs most often in women aged 30 to 50. Othe ...
May 1, 2012