- Integrative Care
- All Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Bone & Joint Care
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Emergency Care
- Health & Wellness
- Heart Care
- Hospitalist Care
- Integrative Care
- Intensive Care Unit
- Maternity & Pregnancy Care
- Occupational Health
- Other Services
- Primary Care
- Respiratory Care
- Surgical Services
- Vascular Services
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Women's Services
- Wound Care Center & Hyperbaric Medicine
Health & Healing for your Body, Mind and Spirit.
Integrative care is patient focused, healing oriented care that takes into account the whole person. It educates and empowers people to be active participants in their own care and to take responsibility for their health and wellness. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between mind, body and spirit and makes use of both conventional and complementary therapies.
“Establish Portsmouth Regional Hospital as a healing environment, promoting the body, mind and spirit connection to wellness, healing and health throughout our hospital and our community.”
Integrative Care at Portsmouth Regional Hospital
- Our approach to patient care optimizes the patient’s healing and health.
- It focuses on treating the whole person, recognizing that the subtle interactions of mind, body, spirit and community have a direct impact on recovery, vitality and well-being.
- We offer strategies to stay healthy, prepare and recover – physically and emotionally - from an event such as surgery or cancer. We help to manage life changes caused by aging, menopause, diabetes, heart disease, pain, or weight loss.
Related Health Content
Low back pain is one of the most common health conditions today. According to some estimates, each year nearly 15% to 20% of the United States population experiences low back problems, and as many as 80% of all adults experience significant low back pain at some point during their lives. 1,2 Back pa ...
Loving Touch: The Benefits of Infant Massage
It is one of the cardinal principles of natural medicine that treatment should aim not only to treat illness but also to enhance wellness. According to this ideal, a proper course of treatment should improve your sense of general well-being, enhance your immunity to illness, raise your physical stam ...