When you need surgery, you can trust the innovative and experienced surgeons and clinical staff at Portsmouth Regional Hospital to deliver top quality, compassionate surgical care close to home. We're in your neighborhood and we care about your health.
Your Best Choice for Surgical Services
Portsmouth Regional Hospital puts the latest medical technologies in the hands of highly trained, board-certified surgeons and offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient procedures. Our multispecialty surgical team includes physicians, anesthesiologists, nurses and other healthcare professionals who work together to deliver expert, personalized care in a comfortable environment that promotes your health and recovery.
First in the Seacoast
As pioneers in surgical techniques and technology for the Seacoast region, we're leaders in cardiac surgery, image-guided stereotactic neurosurgery, sentinel node and stereotactic breast biopsy, image-guided endoscopic ear-nose-throat surgery and middle ear surgery with argon laser. Our laparoscopic weight-loss surgery is accredited by the American College of Surgeons and by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons.
Additional advanced techniques at Portsmouth Regional Hospital include:
- Laparoscopic surgery for a variety of conditions
- Anesthetic nerve blocks for postoperative pain management
- Green light laser technology for management of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), also known as enlarged prostate
- Anterior hip procedure
- Nonsurgical kidney stone removal with shock (sound) wave technology, known as percutaneous nephrolithotripsy
- Sponge detection technology to enhance efficiency and patient safety in the operating room
- Integrative care services that support mind, body and spirit to reduce anxiety and improve surgical outcomes
General Surgery Close to Home
General surgeons are specialists familiar with a broad spectrum of diseases that may be treated with surgical services. They're trained to diagnose and treat all the ways a particular disease may appear and often deal with many areas of the body, including organs in the abdomen, breast, skin and soft tissues, head and neck, as well as the gastrointestinal, vascular and endocrine systems.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our skilled general surgeons diagnose a variety of conditions and provide personalized, compassionate preoperative, operative and postoperative care. Using advanced imaging and the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques, we perform 5,000-plus operations each year on an outpatient, same-day basis. That means you'll be home sooner and begin your recovery more quickly.
Surgical Specialties at Portsmouth Regional Hospital
In addition to general surgery, surgical specialties at Portsmouth Regional Hospital include:
- Breast surgery
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Ear-nose-throat (ENT) surgery, including sinus
- Eye (ophthalmologic) surgery
- Foot and ankle (podiatric) surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Heart surgery
- Lung and thoracic surgery
- Oral-dental surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Spine surgery
- Urogynecologic surgery
- Urologic surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Weight loss (bariatric) surgery
Rehabilitation & Recovery
Support your recovery and regain function following surgery by taking advantage of the extensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services available to you through Portsmouth Regional Hospital. Our compassionate clinicians, nurses and therapists deliver the expert care you need. Your overall recuperation, return to daily activities and outlook on life can also benefit from our services for postoperative pain management and integrative care.