Advanced Care for Veins & Arteries
Veins and arteries are an important part of cardiovascular system, transporting blood and oxygen throughout the body and keeping it healthy. Vascular disease, which affects millions of Americans, involves the narrowing of blood vessels caused by plaque buildup, which can lead to heart attacks, strokes, amputations and other conditions if left untreated.
Comprehensive Vascular Care
Turn to the experts at Portsmouth Regional Hospital for advanced technology to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of vascular conditions, including peripheral artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, stroke, aneurysms, valve disease, coronary artery disease and atherosclerosis.
Our vascular specialists focus on treatments that deliver the best results with the least amount of impact on your body. These minimally invasive procedures, which include inserting devices such as catheters, laparoscopes or endoscopes through tiny incisions, result in less scarring, less pain and faster recovery.
Procedures at Portsmouth Regional Hospital include:
- Aneurysmectomy – Replaces the portion of the aorta that contains the aneurysm with a mesh graft; may involve valve repair or replacement
- Angioplasty, atherectomy and stents – Use interventional techniques to open arteries without surgery
- Endarterectomy – Improves blood flow by removing plaque build-up from arteries
- Endovascular embolectomy – Removes an arterial blood clot with a catheter-based instrument
- Thrombolytic therapy – Uses clot-dissolving medications to break up dangerous blockages inside a blood vessel
- Lower extremity angioplasty, stents and bypass procedures