Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis
- Runny nose and nasal congestion
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Itchy nose, ears, or throat
- Sinus pressure
- Dark circles under your eyes (also known as “allergic shiners”)
- Post-nasal drip
- Decreased sense of smell and taste
- Chronic cough
Advice from your allergist: Rhinitis. American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology website. Available at: http://www.acaai.org/public/advice/rhin.htm . Accessed September 15, 2008.
Carson-DeWitt R. Allergic rhinitis. EBSCO Health Library website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/healthLibrary/ . Updated November 2007. Accessed September 15, 2008.
- Reviewer: Purvee S. Shah, MD
- Review Date: 09/2012 -
- Update Date: 00/91/2012 -