Are you at risk for a heart attack?
Candy is great, but the best gift you can give a loved one this month is a heart that keeps on ticking. Make sure yours is up to the challenge.
Is it heartburn or a heart attack?
The symptoms of heartburn can be confusing and scary as they are very similar to those of a heart attack.
- usually happens after eating or when you are lying down
- is a burning sensation below the breast bone
- can be accompanied by nausea, which generally goes away as your stomach settles down
- if recurring, can damage the esophagus and cause other serious problems
A Heart Attack:
- causes different symptoms in men and women
- may happen after exertion or stress, but can occur unexpectedly
- feels like a crushing weight or pressure in the center of the chest
- can cause discomfort in the upper body, with pain or tightness in shoulders, neck, arms or jaw
- can also be accompanied by nausea, along with cold sweats, shortness of breath, possible vomiting and lightheadedness
- should never be ignored. If pain lasts more than a few minutes, go to the emergency room
Questions? 888-421-1080 Call Us Anytime!