Treating your health condition and returning you quickly to your family, work and everyday life are our primary goals at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. To achieve this outcome and make your stay a positive one, we provide top-notch services, a caring and professional staff, outstanding facilities and a friendly and supportive environment.
Creating a Comfortable Hospital Stay
Among the amenities you'll enjoy at Portsmouth Regional Hospital:
- Pleasant, comfortable accommodations with electric beds, cable TV, wireless Internet access and bedside telephones in semi-private rooms, private rooms and suites, each equipped with a full bath; room cots available for family members
- Delicious and nutritious food service from our first-class dining program, including a variety of foods, food consistencies and different diets provided through made-to-order room service dining, a cafeteria, guest meals, special requests and holiday or special occasion recognitions, as well as round-the-clock vending in areas near the cafeteria entrance and emergency department entrance; in-room delivery service and cafeteria hours:
- Mon - Fri:
- Breakfast: 7:00am - 9:30am
- Lunch: 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Dinner: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Breakfast: 7:30am - 9:30am
- Lunch: 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Dinner: 4:15pm - 6:15pm
- Mon - Fri:
- Convenient and free parking; free valet parking at the main hospital tower weekdays from 6:30am - 4:00pm
- Visiting hours are generally open but vary by hospital unit and patient condition; check with nursing staff for details
- Gift Shop—located in the main lobby and online—with cards, Mylar balloons, flowers, stuffed animals, personal care items, reading glasses, baby products, games, snacks and drinks, magazines, seasonal items, gifts for all ages and occasions; contact the gift shop at (603) 433-4039
- Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Weekends/Holidays: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- No-firearms policy to support a safe environment
- Safety and security measures for your well-being and the care of valuables during your stay
When you're admitted, you'll receive our detailed Patient Services Guide to help you get oriented to the hospital.
Special Services During Your Stay
The comfort of patients and visitors is a top priority at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. You'll find many additional resources to ease your stay or to help friends and loved ones while they're hospitalized, including:
- Comfortable waiting areas, with special locations for families of patients in surgery, critical care and emergency
- Facility signs and building directories to help you find your way around quickly and easily
- Counseling and chaplain services, pastoral care
- Interfaith chapel, available 24/7, located next to the second-floor Intensive Care Unit (ICU) waiting room
- Nondenominational Rosamond Thaxter Meditation Room, available 24/7, located next to the surgical waiting room
- Guest relations department with a patient advocate to help address concerns while you're in the hospital
- Courier service
- Postal mail, newspapers, magazines, books, flowers and gifts delivered to patient rooms
- Online service to send flowers
- Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) access
- Translation services for many languages, including sign language
- Assistive devices for sensory-impaired persons
- Nearby hotels, restaurants/fast food outlets for visitors and families
More Portsmouth Resources
Preparing You to Return Home
When your doctor decides you're ready to leave the hospital, you'll receive a discharge order with instructions for follow-up care, such as medication, dietary requirements or recommendations and your next scheduled appointment with your doctor. You'll also stop by the hospital cashier to settle your account. Then, you'll be escorted by a hospital representative to your waiting transportation. You may want to arrange with a family member or friend to take you home. Plan for a discharge time of 11:00am.
Case Management Services
You may also receive recommendations from our case management staff for additional healthcare services to assist you after your hospital stay. We can provide the phone numbers and information, but you, your family and/or significant other are responsible for making all arrangements, including payment.
Find Portsmouth Regional Hospital on a Map
Find us on a map, get driving directions and locate our free parking areas.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital
333 Borthwick Ave.
Portsmouth, NH 03801