A diagnosis of cancer can be a frightening, life-changing event for you and your family. At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, we're here to guide you through treatment and recovery with compassionate care and the latest medical knowledge and technology.
Advanced Cancer Care Close to Home
The Portsmouth Regional Hospital Cancer Care Center provides top-level prevention, screening, education and treatment for cancer patients and their families. This means you have access to a comprehensive cancer program with the advantages of convenience, continuity and caregivers who assist you through every stage of the healthcare process.
Our board-certified physicians have expertise in a variety of disciplines and collaborate on your treatment for the best outcome. Our oncology nurses are highly trained caregivers who combine specialized nursing skills with genuine concern for patients, which means superior, personalized care for you.
The care team includes professionals from a wide variety of related fields, such as social work, pastoral counseling, pharmacology, nutrition and rehabilitation. Your total care—physical, emotional and spiritual—is our priority.
Specialists in Women's Cancer Care
The Breast Health Center ensures the highest level of breast cancer care through early detection, a variety of treatment options, rehabilitation and support services. If surgery is needed, we focus on alternatives to total mastectomy. Breast reconstruction surgery is also available.
In addition, the Cancer Care Center is a leader in diagnosis and treatment for gynecologic cancers including cancers of the uterus, ovaries, endometrial tissue, vulva, vagina and fallopian tubes.
Our Cancer Care Center's services include:
- Diagnostic imaging using advanced scanning, MRI and ultrasound tools
- A variety of surgical procedures performed by highly skilled surgeons
- Medical and interventional oncology, which uses powerful cancer-fighting drugs, hormones and immuno-stimulants to stop or slow the growth of cancer cells
- Chemotherapy treatment available in our patient-friendly Infusion Center
- Supportive care, including pain management and other therapies designed to help you carry on a normal lifestyle
- Clinical trials providing the opportunity for you to benefit from innovative treatments that may improve quality of life and outcomes