On the road to cancer recovery, you need all the support you can get, especially compassionate help that incorporates the latest techniques and resources tailored to your specific disease.
Cancer Recovery Close to You
Portsmouth Regional Hospital offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient cancer care, recovery and support services to residents of Portsmouth and the entire Seacoast region. We partner with the American Cancer Society (ACS) for educational resources, library, events and in-person counseling.
From infusion and rehabilitation options—physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy—to lymphedema services, you'll find the best cancer recovery resources and support at the Portsmouth Regional Hospital Cancer Care Center:
- Multiple breast cancer support groups, including Stage IV and Look Good...Feel Better®
- Support groups for gynecologic and prostate cancers
- Options for reconstructive surgery
- Access to participation in clinical trials
- Integrative care services for you and your caregivers–massage therapy, Reiki and more
- Behavioral health services–psychosocial evaluation and five complimentary counseling sessions while you receive active treatment
- Brighter Days complimentary bi-monthly skin care workshop
- Nutrition counseling
- Wig Bank, with hats and scarves
- Survivorship care planning
- Spiritual guidance and support
- Community events, such as Relay for Life
We're in your neighborhood, we're close to home and we care about your health.
Rehabilitation & Recovery
Support your recovery and regain function during and after cancer treatment by taking advantage of wellness programs and exercise sessions through our rehabilitation service—free to you as an oncology patient. Your overall recuperation, return to daily activities and outlook on life can also benefit from our services for palliative care and pain management.