Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of men and women worldwide and is responsible for more deaths than all forms of cancer combined. Stroke, resulting from an interruption of blood flow to the brain, is the third highest cause of death.
The experienced cardiovascular specialists at Portsmouth Regional Hospital treat nearly all types of heart disease and other heart and vascular conditions—from the most common to the most complex—using some of the most advanced treatments and technologies. We focus on your overall health and emphasize patient education.
Comprehensive Heart & Vascular Care
From diagnosis through treatment and rehabilitation, the board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiac experts at Portsmouth deliver customized, comprehensive care you can count on for the best possible outcomes. Our accredited Chest Pain Center ensures quick response to the early stages of heart attack—the critical period when treatment is most effective.
We treat a wide range of cardiovascular conditions, including:
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS)
- Arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders)
- Atherosclerosis (disease of the blood vessels)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Heart attack and chest pain (angina)
- Heart failure
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD)
- Valve disease (including aortic stenosis, mitral valve prolapse and heart murmur)
- Varicose veins
Learn more about these and other heart and vascular conditions in our online Health Library.