At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, we strive to provide you with high-quality care, including our general guidelines to ensure your procedure goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Preparing for Your Procedure
You'll receive specific information about preparing for your procedure when we schedule your appointment. For the most accurate results from your procedure, follow all instructions provided. If you didn't receive instructions or if you have questions, contact your doctor's office and ask to speak to a nurse. You'll also want to:
- Review your insurance policy before you arrive to make sure your upcoming procedure is covered. If you're not sure about coverage, call your insurance company before your scheduled appointment.
- Read information about what to expect before, during and after a specific medical procedure in our online Health Library.
- Contact your doctor's office with questions or call us at (603) 433-4008.
- Preregister online to save time at check-in.
On the day of your procedure, check in at the appropriate registration desk 20 minutes before your appointment. You'll be asked to review and sign documents related to your procedure. Learn more about our registration process.
What to Bring
- Written order from your doctor for your procedure
- Complete list of medications you currently take
- Your Social Security number
- All active insurance cards
- Photo identification
- Advanced directives, such as a living will or durable power of attorney for healthcare, if you have them