Level II Trauma Center - serving you.
If you are critically injured, being treated quickly could be the difference between life and death. Portsmouth Regional Hospital’s Trauma Center is at the hub of major Seacoast highways, close to the airport, and near the port of Portsmouth.
Level II Trauma Center, when minutes matter.
Our location, specially-trained physicians, surgeons, and medical professionals serve the Seacoast region with high-quality trauma care, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Trauma Center includes:
- Emergency and operating room facilities and specialized staff ready to provide care at any moment, as well as board certified surgeons across varying specialties
- Onsite helipad for arrival from trauma incident or to another medical center, if a higher level of care is needed
- A comprehensive program to regularly review of our care standards based on national standards published by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physician
- Staff education program to ensure we continue to provide high quality care to the community
- A community outreach program to help prevent injury for people in the Portsmouth area
Critical care before you arrive.
Your survival often depends on the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) provider’s ability to rapidly evaluate you and determine the appropriate diagnosis before you arrive at Portsmouth Regional Hospital, so we can best anticipate and prepare for your immediate needs.. In most cases, the EMS staff and our trauma team are communicating and preparing for your arrival.
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency always call 911 first.
Contact our Trauma Services Office at 603-433-4875.
If you aren’t certain about a critical care situation, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day, by phone at 888-421-1080.