Cancer recovery and support in Portsmouth
When you face a cancer diagnosis, you need compassionate support that incorporates the latest techniques and resources tailored to your specific disease.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient cancer care as well as recovery and support services to our patients in Portsmouth and the Seacoast Region. We partner with the American Cancer Society for educational resources, and events and provide in-person counseling through our dedicated social worker.
To schedule an appointment, or to learn more about our cancer support services, call (888) 421-1080.
From rehabilitation options to lymphedema services, you'll find the best cancer recovery resources and support at Portsmouth Regional:
- Cancer-specific support groups, including a Women’s Cancer Survivors Group and a Men’s Cancer Survivors Group. These groups are open to anyone with any type of cancer.
- Reconstructive surgery options
- Access to participation in clinical trials
- Whole-person care for you and your caregivers, including massage therapy, Reiki and more
- Behavioral health services – psychosocial evaluations and in-person counseling or a referral as appropriate
- Brighter Days complimentary bi-monthly skin care workshop
- Nutrition counseling
- Wig Bank with hats and scarves
- Survivorship care planning
- Spiritual guidance and support
- Community events, such as the Breast Cancer Walk in September
Your life goes on after cancer, and we're happy to help you plan for your next phase with the most complete cancer survivorship resources in the Seacoast Region.
At Portsmouth Regional, we offer individualized assistance to get you back to your life, work and your family. By helping you adapt to changes in your energy level and stamina, nutrition medications and more, our support groups, educational resources and classes and events all help restore your quality of life.
Members of the Cancer Care Center at Portsmouth Regional Hospital team work together to help you develop a plan for your ongoing health. Whether your life returns to the way it was before your cancer diagnosis and treatment or you're facing a new normal, planning for your future helps you productively move forward.
Each year, we invite you to join us in celebrating your life anew at our annual Survivor Day.