Portsmouth Regional Hospital consistently receives high honors for attentive patient care and patient safety, satisfaction and health outcomes while serving the Seacoast region with compassion, personal service, expert clinicians and advanced medical technologies.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital Quality of Care
Our quality initiatives are recognized by a number of national organizations, accrediting agencies and top publications.
- The Joint Commission, the nation's predominant standard-setting and accrediting body for healthcare, extends its full accreditation and identifies Portsmouth Hospital as a:
- Top Performer for Quality Care
- Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Recipient of the Gold Seal of Approval™ for Healthcare Quality and Safety
- The Society of Chest Pain Centers designates us as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) to deliver quick intervention for heart attack.
- We were named to Harvard Pilgrim's 2014 Hospital Honor Roll and received the "A" rating in Leapfrog's Hospital 2012 Survey.
- Our Cancer Care Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) with multiple commendations and recognized by the ACoS Commission on Cancer (CoC) with their 2010 Outstanding Achievement award.
- The Institute for Safe Medication Practices Cheers Award acknowledges our superlative standard of excellence in education for improving safe medication administration.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield designated our Bariatric Surgery Program as a Blue Distinction Center.
- We rank in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on core measures for:
- Heart Attack – Acute myocardial infarction (AMI)
- Heart Failure
- Surgical Care/Infection Prevention
Performance Measured in Black & White
Today as never before, available information helps healthcare consumers gauge the quality of care provided by hospitals and compare facilities based on consistent and objective criteria. Known as core measures, these criteria are established as standards of care by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is dedicated to providing the highest quality of healthcare to our patients–and our pursuit of excellence shows. View and compare our latest quality of care scores as reported by the CMS:
Our Commitment to Patient Safety
Patient safety is a top priority at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. We continually work to ensure the highest level of patient safety throughout our facilities–using best practices, improved technology and increasing involvement of patients in their own healthcare. Every member of our staff is dedicated to:
- Providing you with a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Performing his or her job carefully and competently
- Using safe and effective practices and technologies
- Responding to your wants and needs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely communications between caregivers and patients by answering questions about your treatment and your health, giving you specific information about your care and explaining changes in your treatment
Infection prevention is a serious challenge facing healthcare organizations around the world. Portsmouth Regional Hospital and our parent company HCA are at the forefront of the ongoing effort to protect patients from infections during their hospital stay.
Learn more about our corporate infection prevention programs.