Our Commitment to Patient Safety
Patient safety is a top priority at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. We continually work to ensure the highest level of patient safety throughout our facilities—using best practices, improved technology and increased patient involvement in their healthcare. Every member of our staff is dedicated to:
- Providing you with a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Performing our jobs carefully and competently
- Using safe and effective practices and technologies
- Responding to your wants and needs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely communications between caregivers and patients by answering questions about your treatment and your health, providing you with specific information about your care and explaining changes in your treatment
You can help us deliver the highest level of care possible by providing details about yourself and asking questions.
Infection prevention is a serious challenge facing healthcare organizations around the world. Portsmouth Regional Hospital and our parent company HCA are at the forefront of the ongoing effort to protect patients from infections during a hospital stay. Learn more about our corporate infection prevention programs.
eMAR & Bar-Coding Technology for Medication Safety
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, we're keenly aware of our responsibility to ensure medications are administered correctly and on time. When a medication is given to you, it's checked and documented on a Medication Administration Record stored in your electronic medical record. Our advanced Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) & Bar-Coding technology provides a system of checks and balances to help ensure medications are dispensed safely and effectively. We encourage patients and their support team members to share this responsibility. Learn more about safe medication use.
Quality of Care
Our commitment to the highest standards of patient care is evident in all we do. View our quality of care information, with data reported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).