Portsmouth Regional Hospital offers hope, help, encouragement and support for individuals with a wide range of behavioral and mental health conditions, including chemical dependency. Individuals receive the best quality care through specialized services in a safe, healthy, nonjudgmental and calming environment.
Your Best Choice for Emotional, Behavioral or Mental Health Care
Portsmouth Regional Hospital leads the Seacoast region in providing high-quality psychiatric care. Combining our experience and advanced medical expertise, we offer unparalleled attention for the emotional health needs of you or your loved ones.
- Programs and Services – Our mental and behavioral health programs cover a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for adults and adolescents age 15 and up. Following assessment, we develop an individualized care plan that prioritizes safety, crisis stabilization, collaboration with outpatient treatment opportunities, aftercare, individual empowerment and an emphasis on patient and family education and support.
- Team of Experts – Our team of experienced medical professionals, including board-certified psychiatrists from different specialties, applies a multispecialty approach to overall patient health. This means an entire team, including psychiatrists, specialized nurses, licensed social workers, addictionologists, psychiatric analysts and other professionals, combines their expertise to develop personalized treatment plans for each patient's needs.
- Peaceful Surroundings – Our recently renovated inpatient unit, the largest in New Hampshire, offers a warm and friendly environment for recovery.
- Patient Satisfaction – Participants in our programs consistently rate us highly for patient satisfaction.
- Educational Resources – Learn more about emotional, behavioral and mental health and related conditions in our online Health Library.
Conditions We Treat
We treat depression, anxiety, substance abuse, psychotic and bipolar disorder, behavior management issues and many other mood, personality and psychiatric disorders. Pregnant women who experience depression or addiction and women with postpartum depression benefit from our services.
Our team is specially trained to respond to individuals at risk of suicide. Because Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a full-service hospital, medical-surgical services are quickly available should a medical emergency or complications arise during treatment.