Having a baby is a miraculous event you'll remember for the rest of your life. At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our Women's Care team is committed to making your pregnancy and birth experience safe and joyful—putting you and your baby at the center of everything we do.
Expert, Compassionate Maternity Care
Portsmouth is recognized throughout the region for providing pregnancy and birth services that meet the highest standards of care. When you rely on us for your maternity care, you benefit from:
- Comprehensive services—from prenatal education to help with caring for your new baby
- An experienced, highly trained staff working as a team to care for you and your family
- Personalized care in our family-centered environment
- The latest technology and evidence-based best practices to ensure a safe pregnancy and birth
- 3-D ultrasound that provides clear images of your baby
- Care for babies with special needs in our Special Care Nursery
- Our strong commitment to breastfeeding, demonstrated by our dedicated staff and physicians, our long-term support group and the successful experiences of our patients
- Our emphasis on newborn safety and security, including our Hugs® and Kisses® mother/infant security system
Pregnancy Care and Classes
Explore Portsmouth's prenatal and parenting classes to help you and your family prepare for the birth of your child.
Labor and Delivery
Experience our superior, personalized care before, during and after delivery in our spacious, private birthing rooms large enough for family members to help welcome your newborn.
Learn more about labor and delivery at Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
After Your Baby Arrives
Once your baby is here, we'll take good care of everyone. We offer family-centered attention and sleep accommodations for your significant other. Our certified lactation consultants and counselors help you and your baby get a good start with breastfeeding.
Learn about all the ways we care for you and your baby.
Find an OB/GYN
If you don't yet have an obstetrician/gynecologist (OB/GYN)—a doctor who delivers babies and cares for women's health—it's important to find one early in your pregnancy to ensure proper care for you and your baby. All of our OB/GYNs are board-certified and meet the highest professional standards.
Find a Pediatrician
Choosing a pediatrician—a doctor who cares for infants, children and teenagers—is another vital step in preparing for your new baby. You may want to ask your obstetrician for recommendations or choose from our network of pediatricians.