Center for Rehabilitation & Wellness
The Center for Rehabilitation and Wellness at Portsmouth Regional Hospital offers a unique combination of therapy services, integrative care and supervised exercise in one convenient location. Because our program is hospital-based, you benefit from services tailored to your specific health needs. A team of experts from a variety of specialties coordinates your care, monitors your progress and provides regular updates to your physician.
Advanced Care With a Personal Touch
As one of the most sophisticated rehabilitation programs in New Hampshire, we have a successful record of helping patients recover, regain skills and abilities and return to regular activities as quickly as possible. We're prepared to help you do the same with:
- More board-certified clinical specialists in one facility than any other rehabilitation center in New Hampshire
- A full spectrum of rehabilitation services, from physical therapy and occupational therapy to speech and swallowing therapy
- Our Neuro Day Rehabilitation program for individuals recovering from stroke, head injury or other neurologic conditions
- Comprehensive pediatric rehab services for children with disabilities and developmental needs
- Physical therapy for women with pelvic floor disorders
- Certified lymphedema therapy and certified hand therapy
- Migraine and headache services for patients with painful, chronic headaches
- Vestibular rehabilitation for individuals with balance and dizziness disorders
You'll appreciate our wide range of exercise classes, from Pilates and yoga to tai chi and Zumba Latin dance. Take advantage of our warm water pool for aquatic therapy, our walking track and an extensive selection of weight training and exercise equipment. Our goal is to integrate recovery and fitness safely into your everyday activities.
Portsmouth is unique in its focus on integrative therapies such as massage and Reiki to encourage recovery, vitality and well-being. We also offer comprehensive behavioral health services to support individuals on the path to health and wellness.
Comprehensive Therapy for Better Health
Our services are designed for specific health conditions, including stroke, neurologic, diabetes and bariatric wellness. We help orthopedic patients with arthritis, osteoporosis, neck, back or joint pain, sprains and strains, bursitis and tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome, as well as individuals recovering from musculoskeletal injuries and orthopedic surgery. Athletes get back in the game with our advanced sports medicine conditioning services.