Portsmouth Regional Hospital provides an unsurpassed level of care for the best patient outcomes. Your positive patient experience begins with resources highlighted here, including our quality of care. We supply case management assistance to help you and your family coordinate follow-up care, if needed, when you return home from your hospital stay. We offer all the amenities for patients and visitors you expect at every outstanding hospital, and we use the latest medical technologies to deliver a wide range of healthcare services.
- Inpatient procedures require admission to our hospital for a certain period of time.
- Outpatient procedures allow you to return home the same day.
Check in at the hospital Registration Desk on the day of your procedure. For your convenience, you can preregister for your visit or request a mammogram online. If you prefer, our registrars can assist you with preregistration when you call (603) 433-5223.
Preregistering speeds up your face-to-face check-in process and means you just need to verify information and sign all necessary forms. Your registration representative will photocopy your insurance and/or identification cards. Documents you're required to sign include:
- Consent to receive services
- Authorization to bill insurance
- Acknowledgement of billing policies for the services provided
If you haven't preregistered, your registration representative will work through the process with you as quickly as possible when you arrive for your procedure.
Behavioral Health Services—24/7 Assessment & Referral
To schedule an admission interview, call toll-free:
- In New Hampshire – (800) 924-1086
- Outside New Hampshire – (800) 221-9666
Walk-In Urgent Care
For 24/7 walk-in, urgent care of non-life-threatening conditions, use the Emergency Center entrance at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. Be sure you're familiar with your insurance plan's policy on emergency care. Portsmouth Regional Hospital provides emergency care to all people, regardless of health insurance or ability to pay.
You'll find convenient, complimentary parking for hospital patients and visitors in the lot directly in front of the main hospital tower. Several clearly marked options for handicapped parking include:
- Main hospital entrance
- Front area of the patient/visitor parking lot
- Outpatient entrance
Preparing for Your Visit
- Find the information you need to prepare for your visit—outpatient or inpatient—including what to bring, transferring your medical records and preparing for a procedure.
- Know your rights and responsibilities as a Portsmouth Regional Hospital patient.
- Plan ahead. Learn about advance care planning and end-of-life-decisions.
- Get information on our team of hospital professionals who work together to deliver the best possible treatment and outcomes during your stay with us.
We continually strive to ensure the highest level of patient safety at Portsmouth Regional Hospital—using best practices, improved technology and increased patient involvement in healthcare decisions. We also maintain a strict no-firearms policy. Review our commitment to patient safety.
Billing, Insurance & Financial Information
Learn more about billing, insurance and other financial services, including estimated costs for medical services and how to pay your hospital bills.