Birthing Center in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our OB/GYNs understand the needs of today's families. That's why Portsmouth Regional Hospital's pregnancy and birth experience was voted "Best in the Seacoast" by community residents.
We offer the latest technology to ensure the safety of you and your baby. Our unique selection of integrative and holistic services are beneficial for your mind, body and spirit. Whether you need high-tech monitoring for your high-risk pregnancy or want a doula to guide you through a low-intervention birth, we have it all in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
To learn more about our labor and delivery services, you can speak to a registered nurse 24/7 by calling (888) 421-1080.
When it's time to give birth, you'll welcome your baby in a soothing environment. We offer:
- A private and peaceful experience. Our spa-like birthing suites allow you to labor your way with the help of your caregiver or support person. We offer tubs for hydrotherapy, music therapy, aromatherapy, massage and private bathrooms.
- A welcoming, family-friendly setting. With snacks available in our family kitchen and overnight sleeping accommodations for your partner, your family will feel at home throughout your labor and delivery.
- A medical team ready for anything. Our team is here for whatever you need, 24/7. We have the latest obstetric technology and resources, including an anesthesiologist and dedicated operating rooms nearby for unplanned or emergency cesarean sections.
Our team helps you achieve a healthy pregnancy and plan an unforgettable birth. Families also choose us because:
- Our team is experienced. Our knowledgeable caregivers—including obstetricians, gynecologists, anesthesiologists, maternal-fetal medicine specialists and doulas—work together to ensure your delivery goes smoothly.
- We’re recognized for our care. Portsmouth Regional Hospital has been named a Blue Distinction Center for Maternity Care by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. This means we’ve met strict criteria for providing cost-efficient, high-quality maternity care.
- Your preferences matter. You know your body better than anyone and we trust your instincts. You choose how to experience labor and delivery with access to integrative services including massage, acupuncture and Reiki pain management.
- Continuous care for your whole family. Portsmouth Regional Hospital offers specialized health services for all your family’s needs, no matter the age. This includes emergency, hospital and specialty care as well as women’s health services for every stage of life.
Our birth doulas provide compassionate, holistic care for patients who desire additional support throughout their pregnancy, during labor and delivery and during the postpartum period. For more information about our doula services or to attend a "doula tea," please call (603) 559-4172.
Our postpartum care team provides support during your time in the hospital and for weeks after you return home. With screening for depression and counseling, we are committed to ensuring a healthy, happy and safe transition into your new family dynamic.
Maternity classes and hospital tours
As part of our comprehensive maternity services, we offer prenatal care and maternity classes to help you prepare for labor, delivery, breastfeeding and more. We also offer hospital tours of our labor and delivery unit. You may register by calling (603) 559-4163.