Ophthalmologists in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Ophthalmology is a medical specialty devoted to the study and care of eyes and vision. A physician with advanced training in eye and vision care is called an ophthalmologist.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our team helps treat eye problems that are minor or lead to permanent vision loss or impairment. Because eye diseases don't always have symptoms, regular checkups are the best defense for you and your family.
To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services, call (888) 421-1080.
Eye conditions we treat
Our eye doctors in Portsmouth are experienced in the treatment of multiple eye disorders, including:
- Cataracts—clouded lenses
- Glaucoma—damage to the optic nerve from excess pressure in the eye
- Retinal disorders—problems with the nerve layer at the back of the eye
- Macular degeneration—deterioration of the center of the retina (the macula)
- Conjunctivitis—an eye infection, also known as pinkeye
When to see an eye doctor
See an eye care professional right away if you experience:
- A change in vision
- Dim vision
- The appearance of flashes of light
- Eye pain
- Double vision
- Fluid coming from the eye
- Eye inflammation