Join Our Team
You can find a wealth of nursing opportunities available through our parent company, the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA).
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, nurses are a respected part of our team of clinical professionals dedicated to excellence in caring for the whole person—mind, body and spirit.
Helping You Deliver Professional, Patient-Focused Care
When you join our nursing team, you'll benefit from the advanced training and supportive environment that allows you to perform at your best while enjoying the freedom and flexibility to maintain your work/life balance.
Along with competitive pay and benefits, you'll appreciate our patient-centered nursing philosophy and commitment to:
- Practicing evidence-based care
- Providing the equipment, technology and supplies nurses need to care successfully for patients
- Promoting professional growth and recognition for our nursing staff
- Offering educational opportunities through collaborative relationships with nursing schools at the University of New Hampshire (UNH), Great Bay Community College, Technical College and more
- Creating a work environment that encourages staff involvement, critical thinking and shared decision-making to enhance professional nursing practice
- Encouraging work/life balance and community involvement to promote the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities
Excellence in Nursing – Clinical Ladder Program
To acknowledge nurses who serve our community with innovative care delivered with compassion and commitment to excellence, Portsmouth Regional Hospital offers the Clinical Ladder Program. Designed by representatives from all levels of the professional nursing staff and based on the Benner model—Novice to Expert—the three-step program focuses on the clinical practice of nurses and designates nurses according to their competence and achievement, reflecting the professional commitment of our staff and recognizing their excellence in providing quality nursing care.