PRH offers a postgraduate year one (PGY-1) residency training program that provides residents with the skills and knowledge required to become competent independent practitioners that will be confident in practicing in a variety of healthcare settings. The emphasis of this residency is on the impact of pharmacists and pharmacy leadership on patient care in the hospital setting, through a multidisciplinary approach. The training includes development of knowledge and skills in providing direct patient care, drug distribution and intravenous admixtures, drug information and evaluation, hospital pharmacy management, and research. Residents will also gain experience in providing education to patients and hospital staff.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (Pharm.D.) from an ACPE-accredited college
- Eligible for pharmacist licensure in the State of New Hampshire
- Registration and participation in ASHP’s National Matching Program
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Internal Medicine
- Critical Care/Trauma
- Infectious Disease
- Emergency Medicine
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Pharmacy Management/ Leadership
- Residency Teaching Seminar
- Oncology Infusion Center
- Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee
- Clinical Staff Coverage
- Adverse drug reaction reporting
- Medication Reconciliation
- Research Project- Platform presentation at Eastern States
- Consult Services
- Precepting pharmacy students on rotation
- Provide didactic lectures at pharmacy schools
- Education to pharmacy students and healthcare professionals
- Opportunities with Residency Teaching Certificate
- Medication therapy management
- Involved in medication safety practices
- Develop/support process improvement projects
Applicants should submit the following materials through PhORCAS:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent
- Three References, including at least one letter from the following:
- A Faculty Member
- Patient care rotation Preceptor
- References should be completed in reference section of PhORCAS.
- Traditional letters of reference
- The residency stipend and benefits are competitive with similar programs and includes travel reimbursement for attendance at both ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Eastern States Residency Conference.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital Pharmacy Department provides 24-hour services including drug distribution, sterile compounding, chemotherapy, and clinical pharmacy medication monitoring. We have a decentralized practice model with off-site order entry and advanced automated technologies.
Pharmacists at PRH are respected members of the healthcare team, working closely with hospitalists, intensivists and surgeons to ensure the highest level of quality, safety and patient satisfaction.
As a Joint Commission accredited organization, we strive to provide the highest level of care to our patients, providing services such as medication distribution, patient-centered services, medication use assessment and educational services to both our patients and healthcare team.