If Portsmouth sounds like a place you'd like to call home, discover how you can become part of our outstanding team of healthcare professionals:
Located on the Atlantic coast in scenic New Hampshire, Portsmouth combines small-town charm with natural beauty and access to big-city amenities.
The Best of All Worlds
The third oldest city in the country, Portsmouth is a harbor town perched near the mouth of the Piscataqua River. Regularly listed among "the best places to live in America," Portsmouth is the hub of a metropolitan region that includes the cities of Rochester and Dover, N.H., and several historic towns.
This city of 21,000 is rich in resources and amenities:
- A beautiful setting that includes the ocean, lakes and mountains
- Abundant historical and cultural attractions including museums, concerts and theater
- Proximity to metropolitan areas such as Portland, Maine, and Boston–only an hour away
- A healthy economy spurred in part by the redevelopment of Pease Air Force Base
- Access to major regional airports
- Safe neighborhoods
- Excellent public schools and a wealth of higher education offerings
- No local income or sales tax
More Reasons to Love Portsmouth
Here's what others have said about this enchanting small city:
- Prevention Magazine named Portsmouth one of the top 100 walking cities in America.
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation named Portsmouth to its list of America's Dozen Distinctive Destinations, calling the city "one of the most culturally rich destinations in the country with a stimulating mix of historic buildings, sidewalk cafes, great restaurants, art galleries, jazz clubs and distinctive artisans' boutiques."
- Forbes Traveler listed Portsmouth as one of America's Prettiest Towns.
Discover more about Portsmouth and the Seacoast region: