When minutes matter.
When you need emergency care in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, you want to know you are getting the best care as quickly as possible.
The Portsmouth Regional Medical Center emergency room is prepared to handle any medical emergency you have, any time of day. Our physicians are board certified in emergency medicine and have additional training to care for kids.
We make each emergency visit as quick and comfortable as possible, and we offer a FastTrack ER. For less serious illness and injuries. We also have another standalone emergency room in Seabrook, NH.
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency always call 911 first.
When to visit: Emergency room or doctor visit?
You need the right care at the right place. Sometimes it's hard to know if you should seek emergency care, urgent care, or schedule an appointment with your provider.
Why choose us: Expert care, comfort, and convenience.
Our top priority is making sure you get the care you need quickly and that we provide it with the compassion and comfort you expect with HCA.
Our emergency room offers:
- 24/7 Full service emergency care
- Dedicated FastTrack ER for less serious illness or injury
- Intensive care services
- Pediatric-ready ER
- A Level II Trauma Center
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center - we have been certified for providing critical treatments for improved outcomes in long-term stroke care
- Certified Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, streamlining the treatment process to improve outcomes
- Awarded the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award which recognizes our commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment
- Complimentary valet parking
- Free Wi-Fi
Visit our website or text ’ER’ to 32222 to find out the HCA ER wait times closest to you (message and data rates may apply).