Pediatric-ready emergency care for kids .
If your child is injured or has an acute illness, the pediatric-friendly ER at Portsmouth Regional Hospital is ready and trained to treat even the youngest patient during a medical emergency.
Quality emergency care for children.
We understand your child’s unique needs during a medical emergency and we want to make sure you are involved in your child’s care. Our physicians, nurses and other specialists will communicate and work with you, sharing all test results and treatment plans so you can make informed decisions about what's best for your child.
Why choose us — Expert care, comfort, and convenience
Our pediatric-friendly ER features:
- Board certified Emergency Medicine physicians who are trained in both adults and pediatrics
- Nurses with special training and certification in pediatric care
- Pediatric medication management system that allows us to improve the speed, accuracy and administration of medications, reduce medical errors, and standardize pediatric medication dosing
- Family-friendly environment
- Complimentary valet parking
- Free Wi-Fi
If your child is experiencing an emergency, always call 911 first.
If you would like to talk to a nurse about whether you should come to the ER or wait for your doctor’s office to open, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day by phone at 888-421-1080.
Visit our website or text ’ER’ to 32222 to find out the HCA ER wait times closest to you (message and data rates may apply).