Occupational health services in Portsmouth
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, we can help you meet your goals for a healthy and safe workforce and improve your position in the marketplace with our occupational health services.
To learn more about our workplace wellness services or to request a speaker at an event, please call (603) 430-9675.
You, your employees and your organization benefit from:
- Annual physical examinations
- Hearing (audiometric) and vision screenings, including visual fields and color blindness
- Pulmonary function testing (spirometry) for asthma care and respiratory approval
- Respirator evaluations and clearances and N95 mask fit testing
- Surveillance physicals
- Electrocardiograms (EKG) to detect heart problems, electrolyte imbalance or other conditions
- Immunizations for employment, including flu shots, hepatitis A and B, varicella, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus and more
- Regulatory and compliance examinations, such as those required by the Department of Transportation (DOT) or the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA)
- Fitness-for-duty or return-to-work examinations
We also offer a full range of drug, alcohol and substance abuse screenings, as well as medical review officer (MRO) interpretation and evaluation of test results from specimens, medical histories and other relevant biomedical information.
Our laboratory testing and X-ray services provide comprehensive screening and analysis of blood chemistry, other bodily fluids and imaging studies to support detection of specific substances, conditions, illness or disease, as well as assist with accident and injury care.
Occupational health services hours:
- Monday, 8am – 5pm
- Tuesday, 8am – 5pm
- Wednesday, 7am – 6pm
- Thursday, 8am – 5pm
- Friday, 7am – 1pm
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, we can help you establish and maintain wellness by promoting health activities to encourage a positive, productive and healthy environment. Your options include:
- Comprehensive wellness programs, customized for your company and location
- Onsite employee health screenings, health fairs, flu shot clinics and educational programs
- Privacy-protected results and personalized educational information
Employers offering business health and wellness services to their employees benefit from:
- Fewer lost work days and fewer on-the-job injuries
- Higher productivity, greater enthusiasm and increased engagement
- Better employee recruitment and retention
- Lower costs for group health insurance and workers' compensation coverage
When you consider a new hire, promotion or other assignment, you want to ensure the health and fitness of the candidates under review. Take advantage of our pre-employment physicals, physical examinations for compliance purposes and fitness-for-duty assessments.
Workers compensation care
With 24/7 treatment available, Occupational Health Services of Portsmouth Regional Hospital, LLC, takes care of your employees who may be hurt on the job. Our certified occupational health staff and multiple medical specialists respond quickly to injuries, ensuring faster and fuller recoveries.
We get involved early in the details of each person's care to facilitate a quick return to mobility and function for home and work-related tasks, along with other activities that make life worthwhile. Our services include:
- Independent medical evaluations
- Full collaboration with your workers' compensation officer
- Comprehensive case management and patient follow-up
- Flexible recovery programs
- Protection of confidential information
- Compliance with all workplace health and safety regulations
We maintain all tests, assessments, results and participant files in accordance with privacy standards set by the Joint Commission, the nation's leading healthcare provider accrediting agency.
Our occupational health specialists can examine current workplace conditions—hazards, exposure risks and ergonomic factors—and understand your organization's needs and constraints. Then, we suggest appropriate adjustments to enhance your employee performance, your workplace safety and your business outcomes.
Ask us about a worksite analysis consultation. We collaborate with you on a review of your facilities, processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and reduce the chance of injury.
Health fairs and educational programs
We provide health fairs, speaker presentations, educational programs, wellness plan development, clinics and more related to a wide range of health topics, including:
- Heart disease
- Blood pressure, blood glucose (sugar), cholesterol
- Bone health, bone density
- Nutrition, healthy eating, vitamins and supplements
- Physical fitness, exercise
- Lung capacity, asthma, pulmonary care
- Body fat analysis with BMI
- Weight management
- CPR and first aid
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Immunizations and vaccines
- Sun protection and skin care
- Stress management, relaxation practice, massage therapy
- Back pain