June 30, 2016
Portsmouth, New Hampshire – Every year Portsmouth Regional Hospital holds an EMS Appreciation banquet dedicated to the men and women who provide pre-hospital and inter-hospital care. This year’s banquet was held on the evening of June 23, at 6:00 p.m. at the Jarvis Center.
“Significant responsibility for the long term survival and quality of life for patients rests on the shoulders of the EMTs and Paramedics who are out on the street. We want to thank them all for the excellent care they provide and recognize specific individuals for excellence,” said Grant Turpin, Director of EMS Relations and Emergency Preparedness at Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital presented the following recognition awards:
- Service Award: Portsmouth Fire & EMS
- Individual Award: Paramedic/FF Wayne Lacaillade
Neurosciences Service Line
- Service Award: Hampton Fire
- Individual Awards – EMT/FF Brian Akerley and Paramedic/FF Jeremy Timson
Trauma Service Line
- Outstanding Call of the Year – Exeter Fire Department and Exeter Hospital Advanced Life Support (paramedic Intercept service)
- Individual winners from EFD: NRP Steven Turner, NRP Todd Preble, NRP Ryan Booth AEMT Lee Dawson, and FF Kevin St. James
- Individual winners from EH ALS: NRP Wes Bartlett and NRP Allison Frates
- Service Award – Portsmouth Fire Department
- Individual Award – FF/Paramedic Adam LaMonica, Portsmouth Fire Department
The EMS community is given the opportunity to nominate members of the Portsmouth Regional Hospital Emergency Department for excellent patient care and outstanding professional relationships with EMS. This year’s winners are Jess Alicea, RN, and Harry Wallus, MD.
“This event is about dedication to service and technical excellence,” said Turpin. “EMS folks step up every day. They deserve to be recognized for those times when they go above and beyond.”
Credit: Suzanne Laurent, SeacoastOnline.com