July 28, 2016
The Town of Seabrook announced a plan to build a new Freestanding ER through an agreement with Portsmouth Regional Hospital. The town anticipates a summer 2017 opening.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital’s Seabrook ER, a freestanding ER for the communities of Seabrook, Hampton and Hampton Falls in New Hampshire and Amesbury and Salisbury in Massachusetts will be located at 603 Lafayette Road, at the Intersection of Route 1 and Route 107, in Seabrook, New Hampshire.
“The Town of Seabrook and Portsmouth Regional Hospital have mutually committed to address the critical need for a convenient local healthcare access point close to major arteries such as Interstate 95 and Route 1,” stated William Manzi III, Seabrook town manager.
“The freestanding Seabrook ER will also provide needed employment for the area and will continue Portsmouth Regional Hospital’s tradition of quality patient-centered care for the communities it serves,” stated Dean Carucci, Portsmouth Regional Hospital CEO. “We hope to create an estimated 45 new healthcare jobs with this project,” Carucci continued.
- 24/7/365 Freestanding Emergency Room
- Fully integrated department of Portsmouth Regional Hospital
- Approximately 10,000 square feet
- Approximately 10 emergency room bays, including a fully equipped Trauma bay
- Separate pediatric waiting area, triage, and a dedicated bay
- State of the art imaging, including CT, Ultrasound, and Radiology
- Covered ambulance entrance for patient drop-off/pick-up and EMS lounge
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital will provide a tax base for the Seabrook community
- Seabrook ER will employ 45-50 people (approximately 43 FTEs)
- Seabrook ER will be staffed by experienced professionals, including emergency nurses and board certified emergency care physicians
- Located at 603 Lafayette Road, Seabrook, NH 03874 at the intersection of Route 1 and Route 107 in Seabrook
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a Chest Pain Accredited Hospital and Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Vital information for heart patients will be able to be transmitted to the Seabrook ER, just as EMS crews would do at PRH
- Patients needing to be admitted to an inpatient bed will be transported to the main campus with seamless care handoff to our excellent intensivist and hospitalists
- Anticipate opening in the summer of 2017
Town of Seabrook: William M. Manzi III - 603-474-3252 (office)
Portsmouth Regional Hospital: Lynn Robbins - 603-315-2643 (cell) - firstname.lastname@example.org