Located at 10 Central Ave, Dover, NH 03820, this facility is constructed with the surrounding population’s needs in mind.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital's Dover Emergency Room is staffed with board-certified emergency room physicians and nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our on-site comprehensive services dedicated to only our patients allows our freestanding Dover Emergency Room to have short wait times. Our services include:
- 11 Emergency room bays, including a fully equipped Trauma bay
- All private treatment rooms
- Diagnostic & portable X-Rays
- On-site full service laboratory testing
- Patients needing to be admitted to an inpatient bed will be transported to the main campus with seamless care handoff to our excellent intensivist and hospitalists
- Full-service emergency care including pediatrics
- Minor illness and injury (sprains, strains, breaks, falls, coughs, colds, UTIs)
- There are times when your primary care physician or an Urgent Care is an appropriate option for minor illnesses and injuries such as the examples above. However, the Dover Emergency Room can care for all your emergencies, big or small.
- Major medical concerns (drug overdose, burns, GYN, sepsis)
- Heart concerns (chest pain, shortness of breath, CHF, cardiac arrest)
- Respiratory issues (asthma, COPD, respiratory arrest, shortness of breath)
- Neurological (CVA, seizure, migraines, minor head injuries)
- Life issues (animals bites, allergic reactions, cuts, wounds)
- Emotional wellness (acute and chronic behavioral health)
- Occupational Health (workplace injury)
Visit our website or text ’ER’ to 32222 to find out the HCA ER wait times closest to you. *Message and data rates may apply. Visit text help for more info.
For more information, please contact Portsmouth Regional Hospital’s Director of Emergency Services at (603) 740-1500.