When minutes matter.
Looking for expert heart and vascular care? You don't have to look far. The Heart & Vascular Institute at Portsmouth Regional Hospital provides exceptional cardiovascular care comparable to those found at major urban medical centers—with a much more personal touch.
Your first choice on the Seacoast
When you trust your cardiovascular care to Portsmouth, you'll benefit from:
- The complete continuum of services from prevention and diagnosis to treatment, surgery and recovery, allowing you to receive all your care right here in your community hospital
- The first and only cardiac surgery program on the Seacoast, NH—other area hospitals refer their most serious cardiac patients to us
- Multidisciplinary Valve Clinic dedicated to comprehensive treatment of valvular heart disease including minimally-invasive procedures such as Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Cardiovascular experts who work as a team to ensure you receive the right treatment for your condition
- National certification as an accredited Chest Pain Center, recognizing our fast, skilled response to potential heart attack
- Approval as an accredited Primary Stroke Center, signifying our consistently high outcomes for stroke patients
- Cardiac catheterization labs staffed 24/7, allowing us to diagnose and stop a heart attack in its tracks
Exceptional cardiovascular care.
When it comes to your heart health, you'll be reassured to know that we carefully weigh options to choose those that are most effective in treating your condition and least invasive to your body. Many of our procedures rely on noninvasive or minimally invasive techniques.
Comprehensive Heart, Vascular, Thoracic and Lung Services
- Heart care
- Vascular care (arteries and veins)
- Thoracic surgery (chest area)
- Lung health (pulmonary and respiratory care)
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS)
- Arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders)
- Atherosclerosis (disease of the blood vessels)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Heart attack and chest pain (angina)
- Heart failure
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD)
- Valve disease (including aortic stenosis, mitral valve prolapse and heart murmur)
- Varicose veins
When dealing with a heart condition, your life depends on the people you choose to treat it.
Learn more about these and other heart and vascular conditions in our online Health Library.
Explore Portsmouth's heart services that address the full range of cardiovascular conditions.
Your First Choice for Heart & Vascular Care
When you put your heart in the hands of the cardiovascular team at Portsmouth Regional Hospital, you benefit from:
- Experienced board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiovascular specialists who collaborate on your care and involve you in decision-making
- Nationally recognized cardiovascular surgeons who deliver top patient outcomes year after year
- Skilled heart attack care teams—accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care— that work closely with emergency responders
- Continuity of personalized, family-centered care from prevention and screenings to recovery and rehab
Cardiovascular Specialists at Portsmouth Regional Hospital
Our team of medical specialists includes:
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Vascular surgeons
- Interventional cardiologists
You benefit from their combined expertise, backed by a team of specialized nurses, technicians, therapists, rehabilitation specialists and others devoted to consistently delivering excellent cardiovascular care.
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of men and women worldwide and is responsible for more deaths than all forms of cancer combined. Stroke, resulting from an interruption of blood flow to the brain, is the third highest cause of death.
The experienced cardiovascular specialists at Portsmouth Regional Hospital treat nearly all types of heart disease and other heart and vascular conditions—from the most common to the most complex—using some of the most advanced treatments and technologies. We focus on your overall health and emphasize patient education.